The R5 makes no compromises as an ultralight race machine first and foremost. Team Dimension Data’s World Tour riders also praise its new pro fit, stable and responsive handling, and unrivaled stiffness. No wonder Bernie Eisel calls it “the perfect bike for stage racing,” with Omar Fraile demonstrating as much by powering it to glory in the 100th Giro d’Italia. An unrivaled component package includes silky-smooth SRAM RED eTap shifting, aero Zipp 302 carbon wheels, and Cervelo carbon seatpost, handlebar, and stem. The R5 sets new benchmarks for performance, usability, and confidence-boosting control.
- BBright: This asymmetrical 79mm bottom bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems
- Cervelo Rapid Axles: For faster wheel changes and greater safety
- Integrated bar and stem: Sleek integration delivers a 30-gram aero improvement while allowing for internal electronic routing and easy computer mounting
- Unique aero seatpost: D-shaped seatpost promotes compliance, and performance-enhancing comfort, without changing the distance between the saddle and the pedals
- Chainstay protector: A subtle-yet-robust shield from chain-slap and chain-suck
- Squoval Max tube shapes: New ultra-light shapes deliver a 14-gram aero improvement while fortifying cross-sections to improve stiffness
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are some benefits of electronic shifting that you don't want to miss.
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servo motors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with surgical precision and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you'll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Fork||Cervelo All-Carbon, Tapered R5 Fork|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2"|
|Tires||Continental Grand Prix 700 x 25c|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM PF30|
|Chain||SRAM RED 22|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM RED eTap, 11 spd|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM RED eTap, 11 spd|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||SRAM XG 1190, 11-28|
|Shifters||SRAM RED eTap, 11 spd|
|Stem||Cervélo Carbon Stem|
|Saddle||fi’zi:k Antares R5|
|Seat Post||Cervélo Carbon SP18|
* Subject to change without notice.